dead hamster?

Reaction score
Hi, my mac mini 1.42 GHz 1GB is running painfully slow and as a result, so is the internet. Is there anyway of deleting old temp files etc... like there is on the pc?
Cheers.

Phil

Reaction score
Hello Fev79!

You can clear the cache, cookies, and other junk by opening safari click on reset safari. This will clear history, cache, cookies, and a bunch of other stuff.

As for you computer as a whole, try going to applications --> utilities --> open disk utility --> click on your Macintosh HD and click on repair disk permissions. Then restart your computer. Let us know how it goes.

Searay

Reaction score
Thanks for that searay, the mac is now running great, lots of permissions were repaired. Unfortunately, the internet is still really slow ( in all honesty the way I can tell how bad it is is through the latency speed on WOW which is usually around 10ms and is now 3500ms). Any ideas? I know it isn't a general problem as other users arn't suffering.

Cheers,
Phil

Reaction score
Hello again!

Glad to hear it's working out (at least the computer performance.)

I don't know what to tell you about your net connection right now. Sorry. Maybe Ric, Cory Cooper, or Kyomii can help out more. Best of luck to you!

Searay

Reaction score
Hi, my mac mini 1.42 GHz 1GB is running painfully slow and as a result, so is the internet. Is there anyway of deleting old temp files etc... like there is on the pc?
Cheers.

Phil

Hello Fev79 :)

First of all, if you download a brilliant application called ONY X, you can use this to clean much more on your system. Please read the instructions and be careful when using it, though!

Secondly, what browser do you use?

How are you connected to the internet?

Do you use a router, and, if so, are other computers connected to it running as they should?

Have you tried creating a new user acount and logging in under the new account to see how things run?

Finally, can you remember when the system slowed down? Was it when a new program was installed perhaps, or did you alter anything in any way?

Ask a Question