Continually having to reinstall Flash Media Player!!??

Reaction score
I just noticed this awhile ago and it's really starting to bug me. It seems that on random occasions (but at least 4 times a day) I have to reinstall my flash player for internet pages. What will tip me off is that I go to a site that uses flash and instead of something loading, it will instead showcase a Quicktime insignia with a "?" overlapping it. This is all in the parameters of where the flash player would normally kick in. I then close my browser, reinstall flash (which now I have dragged to my desktop for easy and frequent access) and then open up the browser again. Voila! it all works up until some unknown force takes it out again (this is without restarting the browser...so literally it is just a question of time). It seems to trigger when I go to a new website or I open a new tab and then the flash doesn't load. :confused:

I'm running a G4 1 Ghz
mac OS X 10.3.9

firefox (lastest version)

Reaction score
I just noticed this awhile ago and it's really starting to bug me. It seems that on random occasions (but at least 4 times a day) I have to reinstall my flash player for internet pages. What will tip me off is that I go to a site that uses flash and instead of something loading, it will instead showcase a Quicktime insignia with a "?" overlapping it. This is all in the parameters of where the flash player would normally kick in. I then close my browser, reinstall flash (which now I have dragged to my desktop for easy and frequent access) and then open up the browser again. Voila! it all works up until some unknown force takes it out again (this is without restarting the browser...so literally it is just a question of time). It seems to trigger when I go to a new website or I open a new tab and then the flash doesn't load. :confused:

I'm running a G4 1 Ghz
mac OS X 10.3.9

firefox (lastest version)
Hello, this has worked for others, perhaps it will work for you as well-
1) Open the Preferences folder in "YOUR" Library.
2) In this folder, search for the file com.apple.quicktime.plugin.preferences.plist.
3) Open it with TextEdit.
4) Search for this string (without the quotes) "<key>application/x-shockwave-flash</key>".
5) On this section, change the "<true/>" string to "<false/>" (without the quotes).
6) Save and quit TextEdit.
7) Relaunch browser and ENJOY!!!!!

Attachments

• Example.jpg
    Example.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 438

Ask a Question