Connection to the internet

Reaction score
I usually connect to the internet using a wireless router. I recently plugged an ethernet cord into my macbook to establish an internet connection. Since then, I have not been able to establish the internet connection again. My computer tells me I receiving the signal from my router, but I just can't connect to the internet. I know out internet is working because all of the other computers are working correctly. PLEASE HELP!:confused:

Reaction score
Sounds like the same problem I have, I was going to start a new post until I saw this one.

I am connected via airport to the BT wireless network, no problems, but it won't connect to the internet at all. I keep going through the network settings, tried making a new location from scratch, but keep getting a 169. ip address, which means something's going wrong somewhere. it says that 'Airport is assigned its own ip address and may not be able to connect to the internet'.

Any clues? My ex is the Mac wiz, but she's in the USA at present, so I can't get her to pop round for tech support!

I am using a G4 iMac (the dome with the tilty screen) if that helps.

Ask a Question