Connecting to my external hard drive - remotely

Reaction score
Hello everybody

I am new to this site, did a little bit of looking around and it seems like there are lots of people who know their stuff.. I am one of the guys who knows nothing and needs your help.

I create graphics for people as a hobby. When I create something for someone I always back it up so if they ever lose their copy, I have one for them - permanent storage if you will.

I want my clients to be able to remotely access their design instantly from my external hard drive. I personally think it's impossible, or if at all possible - not safe.

I can only imagine that the only way to access my external HD is through my computer. It feels kind of shady, you know, allowing someone complete access to your computer whom you've never met face to face.

So to round it all up, I want Sally to be able to access my external hard drive from wherever she is in the world without being able to see my computer files.

Thanks all! :)

Reaction score
There are ways but giving strangers or anyone access to your computer/network is fraught.

Have you considered Dropbox. You drop the original into a dropbox folder that you have shared with them they get it when they want it.

Ask a Question