Connecting External Drive to my MAC

Reaction score
How do I utilize an external hard drive with my MAC? I've inserted the cable from the external hard drive into the USB port on my MAC keyboard. I can see it in the Disk Utilities. But I don't know how to save files to it or retrieve files from it. I'm a new Mac user, used to the Windows file structure.

Reaction score
How do I utilize an external hard drive with my MAC? I've inserted the cable from the external hard drive into the USB port on my MAC keyboard. I can see it in the Disk Utilities. But I don't know how to save files to it or retrieve files from it. I'm a new Mac user, used to the Windows file structure.
Hello, just to be safe, for starters I'd recommend shutting down your Mac and taking the USB cable out of the USB port on your keyboard and plug it in one of your USB ports on your Mac instead because the USB ports on your keyboard are for low power devices. Never yank the USB cable out while your Mac is on as it can destroy your drive.
After this is done, do you notice your external hard drives icon on your desktop?

Ask a Question