Connecting to a Networked Video Recorder

Reaction score
Hi All

A complete novice with Macs and trying to assist a neighbour with a newly installed IP Camera security system.

Camera and NVR are all working OK on the network and the user interface for each can be accessed via the Mac using the cam/NVR IP addresses in Safari.

The issue I'm facing is trying to access the NVR's hard drive (192.168.0.29 port 89) in order to create a specific folder for FTP'd images from the camera, I've not been able to look at the hard drive on the NVR and thus I've no idea what folders exist.

Try as I might I'm unable to access the NVR, I've tried via 'Connect to Server':

afp://192.168.0.29 & afp://192.168.0.29:89, comes up with failed to connect/timeout after about 30 seconds

smb://192.168.0.29 & smb://192.168.0.29:89, fails.

Any help for this Mac newbie would be more than welcome, many thanks in advance.

Dave

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Many video security systems don't allow direct access to the hard drive for this purpose, to protect the integrity and security of the system itself. I think you may get a better answer/solution from the manufacturer of the equipment.

Is there anything in the owner's manual about setting up this type of access?

C

Reaction score
Cory

I'll try phoning them tomorrow morning. Checked the manual, nothing at all but there again, there wasn't much in it in the first place!

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

Ask a Question