Connecting to a car

Reaction score
The other day I rented a car. I plugged in my iPhone 6+ to the USB plug and told SIRI to give me directions. I noticed that the radio on that car was loading stuff from my phone to it, and after a few minutes, it started to play music from my phone.

However, my maps program wasn't speaking out loud. As I was driving, my wife told her iPhone 7+ to show us the directions, then she unplugged my phone and plugged in hers (this is to keep them charged while using).

The odd thing is that 3 hours later, her phone never was loaded onto that car's radio the way mine had. It was still searching.

Now I have Apple Music and she doesn't. Is there a setting difference? What could have caused this?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I haven't used CarPlay personally, but it does sound like a possible settings issue. Which maps app - Apple Maps? I don't think Apple Music would matter for this function.

Maybe try the troubleshooting steps here: How to use CarPlay with your iPhone

C

Reaction score
I expect we both used Apple Maps, as we used Siri to get directions. We are home now with our old car that doesn't connect to our devices at all.

Ask a Question