Computer won't empty disk for more room

Reaction score
Hi -- I have an Old Mac Powerbook (my second comp, hooked up to printer -- where I send emails to print. I realized today memory /disk was very full. I had been deleting uneeded mail, but on older computers you also need to manually delete them from the "deleted file". However, when I went to so this in one shot "selecting all", the computer would not perform (probably too full?) -- so I spent a good part of the day Deleting them one by one! I finally got all but 5 (that I kept) deleted and when I went to collect "onbox" mail (sent from other newer Mac) to receive and output -- keep getting error message 34. That is impossible as I probably deleted 100 emails (manually) and "now" it's full? Is it possible that the computer now need to process them to another place where I would normally (ultimately) "empty trash"? But when I hit that, there is nothing there? Is it possible it is receiving too much trash at once to offload to that part/ step? Is there another place in the disk (program) that I can go to get rid of all of this virtual data -- so it is freed up to use more again? Thank You! Claudia

ps: It is version Mac OS 9.2 (35.7 MB) on Mail Ap Entourage 8.1 MB -- Old :) ...but in theory the emptying process s/ have worked!!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-How much free space on the hard drive?
-Can you explain "where I send emails to print"?

Deleting emails will not recover very much hard drive space. They are very small files.

C

Ask a Question