Computer keeps restarting during account setup

Reaction score
Hey i recently found and old mac, and thought i would start using it again, turned it on and it keeps restarting during the account setup.
I turn it on and am brought to the wlecome (in other languages) setup, I make it through this until i get to the select a primary usage and best describe what you do page, this is where it restarts, I click on on of the drop down tabs and the beach ball spinning circle appears and than restarts the process
Please Help, the mac is running Os x 10.4 and is an ibook

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Is there any data on the iBook that you want to save?
-Do you have the original installation discs that came with it?

C

Reaction score
I don't think there's anything I need to save, if there is it's not that important I would have put it on my hard drive
No, I got it as a gift and it came with everything installed already

Reaction score
I don't think there's anything I need to save, if there is it's not that important I would have put it on my hard drive
No, I got it as a gift and it came with everything installed already

What Cory meant was that do you have any OS DVDs, and specifically the one for OS X 10.4? If you do, then after inserting the DVD into the drive, you can start up your ibook from the DVD by pressing the C key, use Disk Utility to Verify and Repair the internal drive on the machine, Erase the drive, and then formal it. Once that's done, you can install OS X 10.4 from the DVD, and you should be able to then setup the machine as your own, with your account, etc.

Reaction score
Oh
No i don't have any OS DVDs, when I got it I only got the Laptop nothing else.
So I need the OS DVDs to reinstall OS X 10.4 and that should fix my problem

Reaction score
Oh
No i don't have any OS DVDs, when I got it I only got the Laptop nothing else.
So I need the OS DVDs to reinstall OS X 10.4 and that should fix my problem

Yes, that is the case. As to where you can get it, you can try ebay, and amazon.com.

Ask a Question