Reaction score
My Mac is incessantly repeating 'ppppppppppp' and I can't stop it

Even after reset

Even when the keyboard is unplugged

This makes it more or less unusable

How can I stop it outpputtping ppppppppp?p

Ric

Reaction score
Try blowing under the key...is there something stuck under it?

Has it had too much to drink ;-)

Reaction score
This isn't a keyboard problem - two reasons I think so reasons to make me think so:
- when the keyboard's unplugged, the problem persists
- When I put caps lock on (or hold down shift), it affects what I type, but doesn't capitalise the 'p'sp, e.g. 'CAPSp LOCKpp'

The problem seems to have slowed down now to the extent that I can type this and only stop occasionally to edit out the 'p's, but it's a troublesome thing, and I wouldn't like it to relapse.

Though my keyboard isn't drunken (it's an advocate of temporance), I worry that my Mac Mini got a touch of sunstroke.

Incidentally, my computer's set to Dvorak keyboard. When I changed it back to Qwerty, the problem persisted, except that it poured out 'rrrrr' not 'ppppp' - the letter that's in the same position on the different layout. I wonder if the computer is getting relays that a keyboard-analogue wants a certain button-position pressed.
The computer's at least usable now, given some editing. Interestingly, the loose 'p's are now only occurring if I stop typing for a few seconds.p

Reaction score
If anyone has a solution to this, it'd be really useful. Typing passwords is now harder than it ought to be, and long drop-down menus jump back to the 'p' section before I find what I ought to click on.p p

Reaction score
Guys, I need help soon. I'm trying to get a job but the application form is getting loose letter 'p'p between words, and it looks like I can't spellp my name or qualifications. Is there a number I can call pto sort out technical troubles (UK-based, if possible)? My computer can't be used to pserve my pneeds.p

Ask a Question