Computer authorization

Reaction score
I have a home computer which I use for my personal ipod. Just purchased an iphone which I use with my office computer only. When I buy music for my office computer, it simply will not sync the purchased itunes songs to my iphone. I keeping getting "this computer is not authorized". If I brought the music and downloaded it to my office computer, shouldn't I then be allowed to sync it to my iphone? Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
AFAIK, when you purchase a song from the iTunes Store you can authorise to play it on up to 5 computers ... so you will need to use up one of those authorisations for your iPhone ... It is also worth noting that each computer can be authorized for more than one account.

Launch iTunes & at the top of the window click on Store, then click on Authorize Computer.

You will be asked to enter your iTunes Account info and this should stop the message from reappearing when dealing with purchased content

Syncing passes the authorization from the computer to the iPhone.

Ask a Question