Completely lost my desktop folder

hem

Reaction score
I downloaded Dropbox to share a link with a friend and once I had finished with it, I decided to uninstall the application because I wasn't going to use it anymore, as I did this I struggled a little because it kept saying it was open, but I soon managed to move it to trash and uninstall, along with the other files it came with. When I pressed the empty trash button, it listed like 300+ files being deleted so I pressed the cancel button thinking that's way too many. Like 30 minutes go by and I try to take a screen shot on my mac which sends straight to my desktop, but nothing happens, instead a box comes up saying "your screen shot can't be saved. You don't have permission to save files in the location where screen shots are stored" so i'm obviously confused and google it, I'm told to use the terminal in order to find the location, but it comes up saying there isn't one. I then try to add the desktop as the location and it doesn't work. I then open my finder and go to the desktop file which won't let me access it and says "desktop can't be opened because the original item can't be found". I am honestly so stressed and I have no idea what to do, I want to be able to do this without professional help but I'm genuinely stuck.

Ask a Question