Choice-buttons

Reaction score
Dear Helpers,

On my Mac the colour of the buttons for the choice like save, cancel and revert changes in Open Office is too dark. How can I change that?

Thanks for your answers, Dirk

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.
  • Is it only in OpenOffice?
  • Can you upload a screen shot?
C

Reaction score
Yes Cory, Only in OpenOffice. Buttons backgrounds are dark blue, text almost invisible,

Reaction score
Hi Adrian,

I decided to install open office to see what you mean.. The blue buttons with black text is very hard to read. Worse if you have increased Contrast selected in the Accessibility PreferencePane.

After playing with different settings the only thing that I found was to change the buttons to Gray with Black text. Still not super easy to read, but better than the blue text.

Screen Shot 2023-11-10 at 9.35.45 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-11-10 at 9.36.03 AM.png

To change the buttons to gray, you need to do this system Prefs. Go to General, and then under Accent Color select the Gray which is the far right option. Selecting any other color does not change the Blue background of the button

Screen Shot.jpg

This was done i macOS Big Sur, so the location of the accent color may be different f you have a newer version of macOS.

Ask a Question