Changing the owner

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have at last managed the clean install. My broadband has three speeds, slow, dead slow and stop. So the original estimate of download time was 37 hours. However I think it took 4days. I have found that oif you switch your computer screen on to check progress you get the message Do you want to stop this download. You press continue but its too late, the process has been interrupted .So you with get, as i did, a partial download or nothing. So you have to start again. So I letf the infernal machine downloading without entering the room for about 48 hours. When the list on the DSl stopped flashing indicating I suppose no internet activity I pushed the button on the back and Lo there was the new screen.
The only problem I now have is trying to sort out my Apple ID. I made a typing error on one of my email address entries. Its the same one each time. Apple chose this one to use for verification purposes. I seem able to change my password as many times as i wish but I can't change the user name or even start over again.
As I don't use the ID its not that important.
Thanks for the help.
One of my sons sent me a card depicting me at an upstairs window throwing a computer out. The caption reads "After hours of tinkering dad finally makes the computer go faster." It has nearly come true on several occasions recently.

Reaction score
Hi,

Very good to hear you have a clean instal.
Re your miss typed Apple ID, I'm not 100% sure about this but if you go to here see if you can change it.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5625?viewlocale=en_US

Or google not sure if you have an apple id?
Other than that think it will be a phone call to Apple. But if your really not worried just create a new one.

Ask a Question