Certain internet-using things will not work...

Reaction score
I have a MacBook with Leopard and things have begun to turn for the worst. It happened a day or two ago, when I downloaded an update provided by Apple entitled something along the lines of "EFI 1.4 Firmware". Ever since, I have not been able to access websites such as www.popsci.com and www.space.com. Also, many of the Apple support sites are not working, so that is completely ruled out. Even Microsoft (Oh no!) is not working! A strange message pops up saying the following:
"# The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

# If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

# If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

I checked Firewalls and my internet connection is fine. Other things that don't work are: Windows Live Messenger, videos loading on sites such as Hulu, and pictures on some sites. Thanks for any help that could possibly be provided!

Reaction score
This is exactly what happened to me after installing Mozilla Firefox from the Apple site. I noticed your post is from June. Have you fixed the problem?

Ask a Question