Help, browsers won't load or work with certain webpages

Reaction score
I have a retina MBP running 10.11 which has the following issue.

When I load certain webpages in either Safari, Chrome, and Firefox it either won't load the page properly or will not let me click on certain buttons within the page.

I have tried these websites on another Mac and they work fine so it has to be a setting or something on my laptop.

One webpage is www.nzpost.co.nz - it loads part of the website but puts a large white block at the top of the page which I have to scroll down below and can only see a partial part of the page, it does not matter which browser I use I get the same result. They have recently updated their webpage and it is only since then that I can no longer use it. Picture attached.

The second issue I have is with, for instance, is with a shopping cart on this website: www.society6.com - it will allow me to add items to my shopping cart but I am unable to remove them or enter in a promotional code.

Any ideas? I have already tried deleting cookies/cache, changing DNS servers and reinstalling the browser software.

Attachments

• New_Zealand_Post.jpg
    New_Zealand_Post.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 335

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Do you have Adobe Flash installed and is it up to date?
-Do you have an ad blocker such as Adblock Plus or uBlock installed?
-Any other third-party browser extensions/toolbars, or apps like MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, etc. installed?

C

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, yes flash is installed and up to date.
No adblocking software installed and no third-party extensions are installed.

M

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks for the additional information.

That is a strange issue indeed, especially since it is affects all three browsers the same way, and is limited to one Mac. I tested it on my MBP running El Capitan, and the pages load properly.

I will have to think about other possible solutions and get back to you.

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
-Are you still having this issue?
-Did any of the Google Chrome updates since your last post correct the issue?

C

Ask a Question