Help ! Mac doesn’t reboot

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
Since few days my iMac doesn’t restart anymore.
When I boot it there is the apple and the loading which is very very very slow (it can take until an hour to get through it), and nothing after.
Is there any help I can get from here ?

Reaction score
We need much more information:

1. What exact Mac model do you have?

2. What exact OS are you running?

3. Have you ever done any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs, from a software perspective? You can actually do quite a lot of disk cleanup on your own, and there are some excellent products available (both free and commercial) that can help you with that.

4. This is critical: are you making backups to an external device? If you (hopefully) are doing that, what software do you use for that task?

Last edited:
Reaction score
We need much more information:

1. What exact Mac model do you have?

2. What exact OS are you running?

3. Have you ever done any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs, from a software perspective? You can actually do quite a lot of disk cleanup on your own, and there are some excellent products available (both free and commercial) that can help you with that.

4. This is critical: are you making backups to an external device? If you (hopefully) are doing that, what software do you use for that task?

Hi thank you for answering.

1. This is a 2007 IMac
2. El Capitan OS was running before it crashed.
3. No
4. I tried yesterday to follow a video on YouTube and put Sierra into my hardrive to make it bootable.
Even from my external hardrive has bootable it can’t install anything.

Reaction score
Well, without a backup, a potential solution is risky. Also, not doing any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs is definitely problematic. (By the way, trying to install Sierra on your external drive has nothing to do with backups.).

Reaction score
Thank you for answering.

How could I do a backup then ?

Nothing worked until now....

If I start the computer with CMD + R and try to install the version of El Capitan my hardrives are in grey clear I can’t select any of them. It says that I have to activate the journalise in folder which is also in grey clear and can’t have access from there.

Also the computer don’t find any other backups if I want to come in the time.

And if I go to disk utilities it takes “hours” to load with nothing in even my external hardrive...

There is not so much I can do from this settings ...

Well, without a backup, a potential solution is risky. Also, not doing any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs is definitely problematic. (By the way, trying to install Sierra on your external drive has nothing to do with backups.).

Ask a Question