Catalina Compatible Printer

Reaction score
Just bought an iMac with Catalina. Looking for recommendations for all in one inkjet printer (including photos) that will work with Catalina. Thanks!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Enjoy that new iMac...they are really nice.

I would guess that pretty much all of the current models will support Catalina. I have always preferred Epson inkjet printers, especially for photos. My trusty Epson Stylus Photo R800 (2004) is still going strong, and can still be automatically setup in Catalina by the Printers & Scanners preference pane, as there is a Catalina-compatible drive available from Apple.

I am not a fan of all-in-ones, as I prefer a separate printer and scanner. I have an Epson Perfection V600 Photo (2012) scanner, which works well for my usage.

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
Cory, thanks. is the Epson Stylus Photo R800 an ink hog? I've only had one
Epson and it gave false empty ink readings. Epson lost a lawsuit on that one, so I have shied away from them since. Not saying I will never own another. I will look the R800 up and see if it is still available.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

It's doesn't use any more than other printers. It has eight separate cartridges, which cost $15-20 each. It's a pretty old model, from 2004, so a more current model will probably be better. Some of their current models are Supertank refillable cartridges, which should reduce costs over the long run.

There is always a debate over which brands are the best - Epson, Canon, HP, Lexmark, Brother, etc. I would look at some of the review sites and see what folks are saying.

An all-in-one works for most people, and it is convenient and space saving.

Let us know what you are looking at, and we'd be happy to take a look.

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...and I appreciate the appreciation! ;)

Stay healthy and safe!

C

Ask a Question