Two questions by a new user about using Catalina.

Reaction score
I have just purchased a new iMac (OS 10.15.5) and have two questions. On my old iMac, which I had for eight years (OS 10.14.6) I was using a track pad plus a PC mouse with a device plugged into the USB port . With this new one I am using a mouse only and have a problem. Whereas on the old computer I could click on a video in, say, Twitter, right click on it and copy the video address. It doesn't work with the new mouse. Is there another way of doing it? And, is there a simple alternative to a right click to copy anything in general without going to Edit/Copy?

My second question is, is it possible to run a track pad and a mouse on my new computer at the same time?

Reaction score
Have you gone into the "Mouse" section in Settings and configured it for the right click. There is no reason why the right click shouldn't behave exactly as it did before. In the "Point & Click" tab, the second item down Secondary Click should be ticked and set as Click on right side.

Yes, you can run both a track pad and mouse at the same time. Incidentally, Control+Left Click gives a Right Click, going back to the days of Apple's single button mice.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Have you gone into the "Mouse" section in Settings and configured it for the right click. There is no reason why the right click shouldn't behave exactly as it did before. In the "Point & Click" tab, the second item down Secondary Click should be ticked and set as Click on right side.

Yes, you can run both a track pad and mouse at the same time. Incidentally, Control+Left Click gives a Right Click, going back to the days of Apple's single button mice.
Thanks for the advice. Will check it out at my first opportunity.

Ask a Question