few questions from a new mac user.

Reaction score
Hello, i am new to the mac world, and i have a few questions / problems...

1: i have a Ipod 8gb Nano, but i loaded the music onto it from my >>OLD<< windows XP computer (i sold it and then i got my mac), is there ANY way i can get my 7.3gb of music off of it? or do i have to re-rip ALL my cds again?

2: my mac laptop has the built in 'ISight' what application do i use to take still pitures of myself / other things?

3: i have a external harddrive (it supports windows XP / Vista witch i dont have...) is there any 'driver' for the mac that will make it so my laptop can read the harddrive? (if this is possible i dont need #1 as my music is also on this harddrive =) )

4: i watch ALOT of anime, do i need 'codec's' to watch it? (.mkv, .avi, .mp4, ect....)

hmmm i think thats all my questions FOR NOW hahaha thanks for the reply in advance :)

OH i guess there is one more, will my windows licence of photoshop work on my mac? or do i need to purchase another one? or do i call adobe up and they will change it from widnows to mac?, or does it even matter? =P

hmm, there are a few more i guess, will the mac work with the 2 button mouse? (right click and left click....)

Reaction score
for your music, do a google search for "iPod to mac" or similar. There are shitloads of program out there to rip tunes back to your mac.

For your web cam, just use photo booth... Should be hiding on your dock or in your apps folder.

External hard drives sometimes come with software, otherwise in the past I've only been able to copy from, not copy to a windows formatted drive.
You may find some luck somewhere else...

And as for your ipod to mac program, don't to paying for 1, there's plenty of freeware ones out there

Reaction score
thanks for the replys, i am downloading 'Senuti' right now =) (came up 1st in google =P) and as for that NTFS to MAC, is there any FREE programs that you know of?, i would search myself on google right now, but where i am internet is VERRY SLOW.... (i takes about 1 minute to load a search in google >.>)

Ask a Question