basic mac user prefs questions

Reaction score
i just bought a MacBook Pro running Leopard yesterday, i am extremely pc literate but im just stupid when it comes to learning mac stuff apparently haha

1) spaces seems to work when i do fn-f8 but when i hold down ctrl-any arrow key it no longer switches between them like it used to just yesterday when i first got my mac. how is this and how do i get it to switch again with ctrl-arrow keys

2) i'm really particular about my window sizes, is there any way i can size them how i like and have leopard remember the size, maybe even have any window i open always be maximized when i first open it?

3) my biggest annoyance thus far probably is leopard asking me for my password every single time i try to install a program. i am the only user and i am the admin account. i have set my login password to being blank and it verifies it by asking me if i'm sure i want to leave it blank. but it still asks me and of course i don't have to enter anything i just leave it blank and hit enter, but it really is quite annoying. can i change this so it no longer asks me? how?

Ask a Question