Can't send files

Reaction score
Hi!

Just so you guys know, I'm new with mac. I just switched over from pc to mac, so I'm not that good with mac yet, but I'm trying ^^'

I just updated the system to OS x 10.9.1, and after that I had some problems with my mac. First I couldn't see many of the programs on the launchpath, but that was fixed after I reinstalled the 10.9.1. But now, whenever I try to open a file and send it (email, Skype, Facebook etc.) I can't! I can see the files and the maps, but I can't pick any of them. But when I go into Finder it works fine. I have tried to drag the file and drop it as well, but it doesn't work...

Skjermbilde2014-01-16kl142243.png

The one on the left is when I try to upload a document/picture on the internet, while the other is Finder

What can I do to fix this?

Don't know if you need this info, but this is the mac I have:

It's a McBook Pro, Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013
2,8 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)

I hope you guys understand my problem, I'm not very good at explaining these kind of things ^^' Thanks for all help!

Reaction score
Hi,

Also as a test copy any doc to your desktop then say open mail and try to insert it.
What is the result?

I am sure Kavemans restart hint will do the trick.

Reaction score
Have tried shutdown several times, but now drag&drop finally works, well sort of ^^'.
Now I can drag and drop from desktop to email and photo bucket, but not Facebook. And it still doesn't work (e.g. email) to insert a file as an attachment (unless I drag&drop). I hope you guys understand ^^'

Reaction score
Hi,

Ok so the desktop hint had some success but not with FB. Please try this.

1) Run Disk Utility in Applications>Utilities.
2) Highlight your drive, click on Repair Permissions, it will not take long.
3) Clear the generated list and run again.
4) Once complete close Disk Utility.
5) Now try and insert ann attachment normally.

What is the result?

Reaction score
Unfortunatly the same result when I tried to insert ann attachment normally, and I still can't drag and drop to Facebook. :(

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Do you have another user account you can log into and test whether these issues present there too?

Reaction score
I just made a guest account, and everything there works...I can drag and drop and attach files normally :/ but not on the account I usually use (the administrative account)

Reaction score
Also remember the there finger drag as my screen shot.

Attachments

• Drag.jpg
    Drag.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 304
Reaction score
I checked the trackpad settings, and everything was all right there, and drag and drop works in emails, but not open and attach the file normally to the email

Reaction score
Hi,

Possibly doing a user cache clean might solve the problem, but run a full TM backup first. Really not sure as this seems a very odd issue, because drag and drop now works from the desktop.

Here’s how to clean your caches:

1. Choose Users > your user name > Library > Caches.

2. From the Menu bar, choose Edit > Select All.

3. Drag all of the items to the Trash.

4. From the Macintosh HD, choose Library > Caches.

5. Choose Edit > Select All, and drag the items to the Trash. You’ll be required to type in an administrator’s password.

6. Restart your Mac.

Ask a Question