Mac mail end icon inactive- can't send!

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

my "send" icon has become inactive and I cannot any longer send mails (but am receiving) via Exchange on mac mail.
Entourage says everything is ok- and that the problem lies somewhere with the mac mail??

Thank you for your suggestions!!!!

Katherine

Reaction score
So the problem lies with the email you are trying to send.

Make a new test one and send it to someone different.

What version of OSX?

Reaction score
No matter what mail I try to send, the icon remains inactive...
I called upthe help desk of Exchange yesterday, but they said it was a mac problem....
Thanks a billion!
K.

Reaction score
No matter what mail I try to send, the icon remains inactive...
Yes, that normally means Mail can't recognise that there is a valid Email Address in the To field.

Is there an Outbox in the sidebar, this sometimes appears when there is a stuck outgoing email.

Reaction score
Found a temporary solution, it sems: I believe there is an interference between my "old" POP accounts with the same addresses- and my new Exchange account. I added the "old" outgoing server back into the list of the POP accounts (though these do not receive mails any longer, that function is blocked), and now the mails are going out.
very weird...

Reaction score
They a probably being sent through the "old" POP account.

Don't forget Mail receiving and Mail sending are 2 totally separate systems.

This could mean that when someone clicks reply to your sent Mail it doesn't come into you new account.

Reaction score
Thanks K and K,

But why is it that my iPad can send and receive, and my iMac can't ? (Both on the same Wi-Fi.)

Can that be fixed? How?

Ask a Question