Can't Remove Old Share

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro running 10.9.5. On it there is a share to a server that I want to remove. I go to the share in finder and the server is connected. I hit the disconnect button and it does not disconnect. I do this under the "user" account. When I logon as the admin, the server is not connected. I've looked in the "user" account's login items and nothing is in there. I've also looked at Network and Sharing under System Preferences and see nothing there. I need to remove this share as it is sensitive and should not be available to the "user". I think the share was originally set up by an admin and they selected the "remember this link" checkbox. (If that helps.)

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Have you looked in  . System Preferences... > Users > user having issue > Login Items?
-Are there any documents in that user that you want to save? If not, you could delete that user and create a new one.
-Does the share mount on the Desktop as well, or just the sidebar in a Finder window?
-Navigate in Finder to Go > Connect to Server... and clear the favorite and recent servers using the - button and the clock drop-down.

C

Ask a Question