Can't play my Photo Booth Videos

Reaction score
Hello!

I made three videos using Photo Booth on my MacBook and, instead of clicking the little camera button to end the recording session (the same button you would click to begin recording), I simply pressed command+W to close the window/program.

When I tried to play the files, I noticed that the videos were not appearing in the little strip at the bottom of Photo Booth. I was able to locate them in Finder, but the files won't play with Quicktime or Quick View or any other program I have on my MacBook (not even VLC).

I know the data was captured because the files are about 10MB each, but it seems improperly ending the session (with the Command+W) prevented the movies from being properly finalized. Is there any method for sealing/finalizing the videos after the fact? In other words, is there any hope for salvaging this content or is it lost forever?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
This is the only option I've come across ... :

Treasured

It's not free and I guess it's a matter of how much you need the movie files. Treasured doesn't guarantee it will be able to save your movies and AFAIK you only pay if it does.

Reaction score
Hello!

Did you manage to find the solution?

It happened the same to me but my Photo Booth closed because my Mac ran out of battery.

Can you please help me? It was such a nice video! :(

Thank you all.

Reaction score
Hello!

I made three videos using Photo Booth on my MacBook and, instead of clicking the little camera button to end the recording session (the same button you would click to begin recording), I simply pressed command+W to close the window/program.

When I tried to play the files, I noticed that the videos were not appearing in the little strip at the bottom of Photo Booth. I was able to locate them in Finder, but the files won't play with Quicktime or Quick View or any other program I have on my MacBook (not even VLC).

I know the data was captured because the files are about 10MB each, but it seems improperly ending the session (with the Command+W) prevented the movies from being properly finalized. Is there any method for sealing/finalizing the videos after the fact? In other words, is there any hope for salvaging this content or is it lost forever?
Hello!

It happened the same to me but my Photo Booth closed because my Mac ran out of battery.

Can you please help me? It was such a nice video!

Thank you all.

Reaction score
Hello!

Hello!

Can you please help me? It was such a nice video!

Thank you all.

Ask a Question