Can't insert CD

Reaction score
I have a 17" Powerbook running OSX 10.4.4. I can't insert a CD into my Powerbook. It was running fine up until this point. Any ideas. I repaired my permissions, but it didn't help.

Thanks for any imput.

Reaction score
Hi rlsmith67, and welcome.

Could you perhaps elaborate on what exactly is happening when you try to insert a CD into the CD tray? For example, is it sticking, or does it feel like there is already something in the tray? Or, are you managing to get the disc in the CD tray and then it churns out again after a few seconds?

Have you tried the eject button pressed down for a few seconds because there may be a CD stuck in there that you have forgot about that is not showing in Finder or the desktop.

Have you tried different discs to see if any are accepted? It could be that the drive is sensitive to certain types/makes of disc (more to do with the dye used during manufacture), or it is possible the drive is faulty.

Ask a Question