Canon EOS 350D or 30D ?

Ric

Reaction score
I need a new hobby, not that I've got the time !

I used to have an old 'Film SLR' a Canon EOS something...

I must admit it hardly got used, but now I am older and wiser.

I have thousands of Digi pics from a variety of Fuji 'compact' digital cameras, the Fuji cameras are great, point and shoot...and very compact.

However, I fancy having a bit more creative control, and would like the better quailty.

These are the two cameras that have sparked an interest so far...

I'm not set on a Canon, Nikon etc comments welcome.

Comments from all please !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Ric
I bought myself a Canon 350D last year and have had some prety good results with it so far although I have not done any "serious" work with it yet. It comes with a 18 to 55mm lens as standard, if you multip[ly thiose figures by, I think 1.8 you will have the 35mm lens equivalent. The camera will shoot jpeg and rawso saome form of photo manipulation software would be quite useful although iphoto has improved greatly in the last couple of incarnations.
Regards
Teapot

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there teapot,

I shall have to do a bit more research...I popped into my local Jesops today and the chap was going on about 1.6 or 1.8 x etc he lost me a bit !

I've not had a go with any of these cameras yet, I suppose the proof will be in the pudding !

I keep hearing about IS lenses, do you know if they are worth the extra money ?

Apple's Apperture App is meant to be quite good, I've only had a quick play. I'm fortunate to have Photoshop so I can do all my editing in that !

I like the idea of RAW !

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
Oh they also had some Canon EOS 20D's as well about £100 pound cheaper then the 30D !

Ric

Reaction score
Well, for once instead of impulse buying, I have bought a few Digital Camera magazines...

I shall have a good read.. but the Canon 30D is certainly looking tempting !

Ric

Reaction score
They look very impressive, I see he is using a Nikon 8800...

Off to find a review !

Ric

Reaction score
To make matters worse...today I see an advert for a new Nikon D80 !

Looks kinda nice !

Reaction score
...Ric is currently reading his 30D manual !!!

;-))

Canon have brought out the 400D 10 Mpixel which also looks impressive too :)

Here are a few of mine taken with the standard compact Fuji 602 (I loved that camera!) and also the 350D SLR (second link). These are only beginners photo's when I first got into photography, so go easy ;) :p

I have not uploaded any for ages because I cannot get out due to my condition. I have a 20D now.

http://www.sarah602.fpic.co.uk

http://www.sarah300d.fpic.co.uk

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

Hmmm that looks nice...but as with all technology you have jump in at some point otherwise you would always be waiting for the next best greatest thing !

I shall peruse your piccies later tonight ! (not sure why that word popped into my head)

I liked the physical size of the 30D, (same size as the 20 ?) just that bit bigger than the 350D...felt more balanced in my hand !

Feels like it will 'last' !

We shall have to think of a few 'Photo Assignments' that we can all take part in...to help us (me !) learn a bit more !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Got a Canon Powershot A530 for my birthday... Still playing with it a bit... that's what I've used to take the pics in my gallery...

I didn't see a way to delete photos from our personal galleries (I accidentally posted a photo twice)...

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

I hope you like your new toy !

I have amended the 'settings' you should now be able to delete your own photos !

Hope to see lots of pics !

regards

Ric

Ask a Question