Cannot open Apple.com websites

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a 2nd hand Macbook pro from my girlfriend's brother a couple of days ago. It's a MacBook Pro Mid 2009 15 inch running on OSX 10.7.5.

I had trouble connecting it to my wireless internet at home in that it would connect to my wifi but there was no internet connection. I solved this issue by changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, now I can access the internet perfectly but not official Apple websites for some reason.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Reaction score
Hi, yes it happens on both Safari and Chrome. I am unable to access that link as it is from the Apple website. There is no software like that loaded. I'm running out of ideas...

Reaction score
Would be good to know if this happens on a public or other private network as well, or just restricted to yours as there could be a plethora of reasons.
Also.
1) Have you cleared out the dns cache.
2) Go into Terminal and type the following command
dscacheutil -flushcache
3) Try disabling IPv6 in your Network preferences if it isn't already disabled?

There are just the tip of the iceberg so to speak.

Reaction score
Ive only tried this on my network.

I tried clearing the dns cache in terminal using the command you recommended but it said COMMAND NOT FOUND

IPv6 was already disabled

Reaction score
Would be good to know if this persists in other networks.
Something simple reset Safari, but feel it is a local issue.

Another thing is to fully remove your newt work preferences, reboot and set the network up again. But it's extremely odd that only Apple sites are effected:confused: Truth be told I am vexed by this,multiple sites would be different matter.
Because your Internet service provider operates their own DNS servers, and your Mac should automatically use there DNS servers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
We found this with the 8.8.8.8 DNS, I think its a Google one, normally you use your local ISPs as it should be faster.

Ask a Question