Cannot Connect to WiFi after iOS 17.5 Beta Update

Reaction score
Following the iOS 17.5 beta update, I've encountered an issue where our devices fail to automatically reconnect to Wi-Fi after being locked and then unlocked. This problem necessitates manually toggling the Wi-Fi off and on in the settings for reconnection. This glitch seems to be affecting just me and my son, who had the chance to update to iOS 17.5 Beta.

We always are up to date with the newer technologies, but this never happened to us. Any idea why this might happen?

Reaction score
Well, it is a beta so all you can do is feedback the issue to Apple. If it persists after the next update then sign out of the beta program and revert to the public release of 17.4.1. Here's how;

Reaction score
yea 17.5 completely destroyed wifi capability, and to go back have to restore your entire device what a fkin joke

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Technically, one cannot discuss Apple Developer Beta releases outside the Apple Developer Program. But, this was released as a Public Beta on April 4th, so...

It is always recommended to run beta releases on a test Mac, and not your every day machine, as bugs like this can crop up and cause you to have issues and to revert to the previous version. That is just part of being a beta tester and accepting those terms.

Beta - FAQ
  • How do I get help If I’m having an issue with beta software?​

Beta software may contain errors or inaccuracies and may not function as well as commercially released software. We encourage you to submit feedback when you encounter these issues. If you need further assistance, please note that you must restore to previously-released software prior to contacting AppleCare.

Because there are a limited number of folks participating in the public beta, members here may or may not be able to help.

Good luck to those afflicted by the bug, and I hope you find a reasonably easy resolution. Remember - always have a current Time Machine or other backup of your data!

C

Reaction score
I followed the tutorial and it worked. Yea, I am too old to try the "newer things", as there is a chance i might have issues with them. I will wait patiently for the stable release. Probably I my son will be the one doing these types of updates for now. Thank you! It really helped me.

Ask a Question