Bridge rebuilding previews

Reaction score
Has anybody found a sure-fire way of keeping full size previews in Bridge all the time ? I thought I had solved the problem by following advice to reset bridge preferences. For a few days when I opened Bridge the images previewed fine without having to wait to load high quality previews.

But when when I opened quite a large folder of images today Bridge has to generate thumbnails and generate previews again ! This takes quite a while. I have increased cache size to maximum 744 gb, clicked keep 100% previews in cache, de-clicked automatically compact cache on exit, clicked automatically import cache from folders, de-clicked purge cache older than 30 days. when Bridge closes I don't allow it to purge or compact cache.

Other people seem to have the same problem with Bridge. I'm on Catalina 10.15.7 on a refurbished mac pro, Bridge vrs 12.0.4.286. Plenty of Ram and SSD space.

Any advice gratefully received.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I personally don't use Adobe products, so I am not familiar with the issue.

As a guess...is there a way to completely delete/purge the cache and have it rebuild? And, 744 GB seems like a huge amount of space to set aside for image preview cache?

C

Ask a Question