PS Bridge CS 6

Reaction score
I am still using Photoshop CS 6 on my Mac Mini with OS 10.10.5. Just recently PS Bridge CS 6 has started 'misbehaving.' When I click on a folder that has two sub-folders, only one is displayed. I can use Finder to confirm that both sub-folders are, in fact, there. I have quit and restarted Bridge. I have shut down and restarted the computer, but nothing seems to help.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

-Is this happening a a particular folder, or randomly in many folders?
-Is this issue in Bridge or Mini Bridge view, or both?
-I assume the folder was created in Finder and has content in it?
-Are the folders on the internal HD, or an external?
-How much free space is available on the HD?

Maybe repairing disk permissions/ACLs would help, if the files are on the internal HD in your Home folder. I don't have CS6 - are there any tools in Bridge that allow you to manipulate folder caches?

C

Reaction score
Thank you for your kind assistance, Mr. Cooper.

Hi,

-Is this happening a a particular folder, or randomly in many folders?

Random, I don't know, but it seems that way. It is happening in several folders.

-Is this issue in Bridge or Mini Bridge view, or both?

Bridge, I don't know what Mini Bridge View is.

-I assume the folder was created in Finder and has content in it?

Yes

-Are the folders on the internal HD, or an external?

External with 1.3 TB free space

-How much free space is available on the HD?

Maybe repairing disk permissions/ACLs would help, if the files are on the internal HD in your Home folder. I don't have CS6 - are there any tools in Bridge that allow you to manipulate folder caches?

I found two tools under Tools > Cache. They are (1) Build and Export Cache and (2) Purge Cache for folder "(Name of current folder)" I do not know what either does.

C

Reaction score
Mr. Cooper. Let me change that earlier reply to Random, in fact Very Random. I decided to try that tool "Purge (Cache for (current folder)." So I went back to an offending folder. When I clicked on it to make it the current folder, both sub folders were there. I find it to be extremely interesting that between the time I last noticed them 'misbehaving' and now, I have not knowingly done anything that should cause an altercation in behavior. I have not closed and reopened Bridge.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Glad it seems to have worked. Strange that it would just randomly lose that ability.

I am still on CS4 - actually, not even installed. ;)

C

Reaction score
Glad it seems to have worked. Strange that it would just randomly lose that ability.

I am still on CS4 - actually, not even installed. ;)

C

You are somewhat more optimistic than I am. I presently view the fact that it is now working OK to be a part of the randomness of the problem. Even so, I will consider this thread closed and reopen it only if the problem continues to occur. Once again, Mr. Cooper, I appreciate your willingness to assist those of us who only use a computer as a tool. You mentioned that you have not yet installed CS4. My main use for my Mac is to process photographic images. In fact essentially the only other uses are responding to email, internet searches and occasional use of TeX. Back to using PS; I don't know what I will do when my CS 6 finally gives up the ghost; I'm not willing to pay Adobe their monthly tribute as they now require. Perhaps I'll go back to Elements.

With kind regards,
Doug Stocks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...you are most welcome.

I recently did a clean install of El Capitan, and never reinstalled CS4. I used to use many of the Creative Suite apps, but not very often in the past few years. I never upgraded because of that fact, and I also don't want to move to the subscription model. For my needs, apps like GraphicConverter, Affinity Photo/Designer, Pixelmator, Google Nik Collection, and MacPhun Creative Kit serve me well. I was a charter member of NAPP back in the day, but haven't renewed that for years.

Keep us in the loop if the issue returns and be well.

C

Reaction score
No worries...you are most welcome.

I recently did a clean install of El Capitan, and never reinstalled CS4. I used to use many of the Creative Suite apps, but not very often in the past few years. I never upgraded because of that fact, and I also don't want to move to the subscription model. For my needs, apps like GraphicConverter, Affinity Photo/Designer, Pixelmator, Google Nik Collection, and MacPhun Creative Kit serve me well. I was a charter member of NAPP back in the day, but haven't renewed that for years.

Keep us in the loop if the issue returns and be well.

C
Clearly, I might need to look into these alternative programs. I know nothing about any of them. Is there one (or more) that functions similar to PS? What is essential is that such a program be able to both read all my psd files and support the layer structure of PS.

Ask a Question