Bookmark Problem in Safari

Reaction score
This a a problem I cannot figure out, and has asked alot of people, and they cannot figure it out either. This a Safari question. Safari is my main browser on my mac. Some time ago, I am not sure what happened, but I must of hit just the right amount of buttons at once, and I lost my ability to edit my bookmarks.

Now, if you use Safari, you know how the bookmark bar works. Below the address bar, you have your single bookmarks and your bookmark folders. At the far left is a icon that looks like a open book. When you click on it normally, it opens the whole bookmark page where you can edit everything, reorganize, ect. Now, when I click on the open book icon, a gray bar appears at the bottom of the screen with a plus sign on the left. Nothing happens when I click on the plus sign.

Does anyone know what is going on? It changed something on the computer itself. We have removed Safari off of my computer and reinstalled it and the same problem persists.

it is driving me crazy because I have a couple folders that are getting filled up with links that no longer work and I have to pick through all of them. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

SwampWitch

Reaction score
When you go to the Safari menu, under Preferences, you will get a box with the options of General, Appearance, Bookmarks, etc. When you select Bookmarks, is the option iinclude bookmarks bar checked?

Ask a Question