"Blessing" an OS 9 system folder?

Reaction score
I've got a power PC G4 MacBook partitioned in two. One partition runs OS 10.5. I erased the other partition then copied a functioning OS 9 system folder and applications and such from an older eMac computer. Question: what do I need to do so that when I start up the MacBook it recognizes the OS 9 system folder as a legitimate start up system? It's not doing that yet. (I seem to remember that the OS 9 system folder needs to be "blessed" in some way to be recognized.)

Reaction score
It's not worked yet. The instructions for "blessing" the OS 9.2.2 system say to open the system suitcase. What is the system suitcase? Inside my system folder I find something labeled "system", but not something labeled "system suitcase". Additionally, there is no "names" option in the view menu. There is an option for as Icons, and as List, etc., but not "names". What am I doing wrong?

Ask a Question