BIg SUR 11.0.1 Lost data

Reaction score
My Macbook was fitted with a new Main board and after the installation I could not open Pages or Numbers, wanted to upgrade to later to open. I upgraded to Big Sur.
After the upgrade I found that most of the Added mail boxes in Mail had gone and in contacts a large number had gone missing.

I have tried restoring mail from Time machine but it does not seem to want to restore and I can only see the remaining mailboxes not the missing ones.
Contacts I am not having any joy at all

I would also like to export the contact list from my I hone and hopefully import or sync, Macbook contacts from the Iphone

Thanks.

Ad

Advertisements

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Were you using iCloud to sync contacts with your Mac and iPhone? If so, are the contacts there if you sign into icloud.com?
-Who are the email providers that were setup in the Mail app?
-Were your emails stored locally on your Mac before the logic board replacement? Or, can you see the emails and email folders if you login to your email provider via webmail?

C

Ask a Question