SOLVED Couple Questions Menu Related Big Sur

Reaction score
i updated this morning to big sur and things are changing disappearing

my menu was one color the whole day and then it changed by itself. it changed to dark. i called apple support, noone there can help me. but while i was on the phone with one tech all of a sudden it changed back, neither of us did anything. i dont know what it was. then later it changed back to the dark for no reason, i called back and came back on neither of us did anything again, he couldnt explain it

i just want it to be one color for 24 hours. i understand how the light, dark, and auto work. can someone explain how to get it so i want, why it changes by itself

does anyone know why the moon comes on over to the right

and why it just turns off by itself at 10:30 PM

and i seriously cant have the volume control on the menu bar?

i need to get this off from music but dont know how

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 10.34.28 PM.png

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Menu Bar: Outside of the Light/Dark/Automatic setting, I wonder if it may be related to: System Preferences... > Accessibility > Display > Reduce transparency. If that is unchecked, the menu bar is transparent and will change depending on the desktop being used, especially if you have your desktop images set to Change picture. If you check it, the menu bar will remain the standard gray color in past versions of OS X/macOS. Also, some applications may not honor this setting.
-The moon icon appears because of System Preferences... > Notifications > Do Not Disturb settings. Uncheck all those settings and it will not appear.
-Music: There are new settings in System Preferences called Dock & Menu Bar. Go to it, scroll down to Now Playing, and uncheck Show in Menu Bar, and the Music icon will disappear from the menu bar.

There are a lot of new features in macOS Big Sur. I would review the following info on Apple's site to familiarize yourself with other things that may have changed since Catalina and earlier:

-macOS Big Sur: Key Features and Enhancements
-Get to know macOS Big Sur

Hope that helps.

C

Reaction score
ok thanks for the help with some things

on the phone at apple support, they said i cannot have the main volume in the menu bar whatsoever. i dont believe it. is this true

i know how to move things with command and the mouse in the menu bar, but is there anyway to move the date and time and Control Center

changing application icons. i understand copy and paste and how it has worked but with big sur i cant change these simple icons. im just copying and pasting original apps icons, from one app to another, not using my own images

mac apps or third party apps

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 12.27.54 PM.png

Reaction score
i did uncheck everything in do not disturb and the moon came off, i did something else after, it came back on again i dont know why

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 12.45.49 PM.png

Ask a Question