New Version of Big Sur, V11.1.0, Coming Soon

Reaction score
On Tuesday, Apple released a beta version of the next production version of Big Sur, V11.1.0:

Still not yet known what issues it corrects, but if one is either testing or using it, it would be wise to get that next version when it is released. And based on what I have been reading, that could be next week.

Reaction score
Thx MartyByrde. I've been a Mac user for about ten years and this is the first time I've downloaded an OS update as soon as it's become available - like you have always waited two or three months for debugging. Lesson learnt!! Will watch for Big Sur 11.1 update. Thx again.

Reaction score
You're most welcome.

Yeah, it's never a good idea to install a brand new version of the Mac OS, as it (and the next one or two releases/updates) contain bugs. Plus, there is nothing earth shattering in Big Sur that I must have, and the other significant issue is that 5 of my critical third party applications are not compatible yet with Big Sur.

Catalina is working real well for me, and it is stable. I'll just look and "wait on the sidelines" and read about experiences folks are having. As it is, on two other Mac discussion sites I visit, I am seeing issues.

Ask a Question