SOLVED BackBlaze notification won't stop; they know.

Reaction score
I've followed MacUsers ideas, plus help ideas. the notification pops pop every 1/2 hour because I didn't back up all files. I quit BackBlaze. Tried their help. Their response: did XXX (name) fix it? My answer, NO. That was months ago. Reference to BackBlaze is gone everywhere else on my computer.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Did you just delete the Backblaze application from the Applications folder, or did you run the uninstaller: Instructions for uninstalling Backblaze
-Is Backblaze Backup still in  > System Preferences... ?
-What instructions did MacUsers give?

C

Reaction score
I have OS Catalina, 10.15.7. I used Clean My Mac uninstaller, I checked System Preferences for notifications, checked privacy settings, checked every spot it might lurk, and it is nowhere on my computer. But the notification comes about every hour. Mac Users suggested restarting in Safe mode, which often then drops third-party items. But it was there again.Perhaps when I do upgrade to the next operating system it will be dropped.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

Try using the actual Backblaze uninstaller, as it will remove all components.

If that doesn't work, let us know.

C

Reaction score
I think the only way to get rid of it would be to join again and go through the whole process of backing up files, etc. and then quitting again, uninstalling again, etc.—which I'm not willing to spend the time doing. The banner began appearing after I had partly rejoined by accident after contacting them (I forget why now), and when I couldn't stop the process any other way, I just quit part way through the back up. The banner warns I have not backed up all files yet. I hope when I go to Big Sur it will drop out. Not ready to upgrade yet.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

If you have a Time Machine or other backup of your data, you can try to delete the following files (if they are present):

Macintosh HD > Library > Backblaze.bzpkg
Macintosh HD > Library > PreferencePanes > BackblazeBackup.prefPane
Macintosh HD > Library > Launch Daemons > com.backblaze.bzserve.plist
Macintosh HD > Users > youruser > Library > LaunchAgents > com.backblaze.bzbmenu.plist
Macintosh HD > Users > youruser > Library > Preferences > com.backblaze.bzbmenu.plist

Then restart and see if that fixes it.

C

Reaction score
It's been over an hour since I went into my backup files, found a folder and two files with BackBlaze names, and deleted them. I ran Clean My Mac, rebooted, and no notification banner from BackBlaze. I think you did it, Cory Cooper. Thank you so much!

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

If you have a Time Machine or other backup of your data, you can try to delete the following files (if they are present):

Macintosh HD > Library > Backblaze.bzpkg
Macintosh HD > Library > PreferencePanes > BackblazeBackup.prefPane
Macintosh HD > Library > Launch Daemons > com.backblaze.bzserve.plist
Macintosh HD > Users > youruser > Library > LaunchAgents > com.backblaze.bzbmenu.plist
Macintosh HD > Users > youruser > Library > Preferences > com.backblaze.bzbmenu.plist

Then restart and see if that fixes it.

C
That list was totally awesome - thank you for this - it Worked! Just the info I needed to delete this annoying reminder!

Ask a Question