Apple Watch (series 3) blocking notifications on iPhone (XR)

Reaction score
Hello Everyone
Thought I’d try here because I have been searching for months for a solution to this. I wear a series 3 iWatch with an iPhone XR. Some obscure setting somewhere is blocking the notification on the phone when I get a text message while the phone is locked. It show up on the watch, but not the phone. If I am in silent mode on the watch, I have no way of knowing when I get a text. I’ve had mirror the phone set and unset, and various others things but nothing has solved it. Has anyone else ever experienced this and found a solution?

many thanks

Bob

Reaction score
Hi,

I don't have an Apple Watch personally, so I have no way of troubleshooting it. I assume you have reviewed the information here:
Notifications on your Apple Watch

You can also check the following:
-Is Do Not Disturb on?
-Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Change alert styles section

See if any of that helps.

C
Thank you. I have looked at that before on Apple's support site. I do get the notifications on my watch, but sometimes it is a faint sound and I don't notice it. I just can't figure out how to turn it off on the watch so I will get them on the phone since you can't get them on both.

I've lived with it this long. I'll keep trying.

Bob

Ask a Question