avi problem

Reaction score
a few questions to regarding video play back.

downloaded a avi file and wanted to launch it but it does not seem to play with either player i have installed ie real player, quick time and divx. but i know for sure i can play avi files as my other avi format are able to play in either real or quick time. i dont think the movie file is corrupted any how as i tried it on windows and it was working.
i thought it was stange as the file icon was a white paper usually if it was a movie file it would either have a real icon or quicktime icon on the litter paper icon but it didnt.
is there any way where i can force it to open with another application like in windows where i can right click on the file and choose to open with any other software which i want???
also how can i see the file propers

i use a mac book pro pls help

Reaction score
a few questions to regarding video play back.

downloaded a avi file and wanted to launch it but it does not seem to play with either player i have installed ie real player, quick time and divx. but i know for sure i can play avi files as my other avi format are able to play in either real or quick time. i dont think the movie file is corrupted any how as i tried it on windows and it was working.
i thought it was stange as the file icon was a white paper usually if it was a movie file it would either have a real icon or quicktime icon on the litter paper icon but it didnt.
is there any way where i can force it to open with another application like in windows where i can right click on the file and choose to open with any other software which i want???
also how can i see the file propers

i use a mac book pro pls help

You might want to check out VLC Player as well. It will open almost any movie file.
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/14738
As far as right clicking on a file and choosing the app to open it, try hitting the control key and clicking on the file at the same time. :)

Ask a Question