Garageband Question... Having a problem importing AIFF Files

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

This is my first post on the Mac Help forum, and am hoping someone can give me some words of wisdom for garageband on my Macbook..

I am looking to import AIFF files into Garageband, and then split the AIFF file into individual tracks. The AIFF file is large... about 180 minutes of live recording from an Edirol R09. Here's my problem.. When I drag the AIFF file into GB, I can only view the first 10 minutes or so of the file. The orange bar that represents the track only stretches for a short time. The weird part is that I can listen back to the whole AIFF file, even after the orange bar ends. But I can't make any splits to the AIFF file after the orange bar ends.

What can I do to extend the orange, so I can make splits for the whole AIFF file?

Thanks in advance!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

How large is the AIFF file? I believe there is still a 2 GB file size limit in GarageBand.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

How large is the AIFF file? I believe there is still a 2 GB file size limit in GarageBand.

C

Thanks for the response. I believe the file size exceeds 2 GB. What are some alternative options? Would I need to use a different program?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No problem.

I believe you could use Audacity to edit the file.

GarageBand is targeted to consumer usage vs professional usage, which is the reason for the file size limit. Soundtrack Pro and Logic Pro don't have this limitation.

C

Ask a Question