ATTENTION: Airport Extreme Base Station owners!

Reaction score
This is for those of you who have the new Airport Extreme Base stations (The ones that support 802.11n draft; they look like Mac Mini).

I was having problems with my MacBook Pro keeping a wireless connection. My light would be green on the front of the airport, but I had no signal and my network was not available from the pulldown list on my MacBook Pro. I have found a possible fix that has worked for me!!! If you are experiencing this problem, follow these instructions to a T and you should be fine. BE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST FIRMWARE AND SOFTWARE UPDATES FOR THE AIRPORT EXTREME BASE STATION!!!

Go to Utilities --> Open Airport Utility --> Select your Base Station from list on left --> Push Manual Setup --> Under the Advanced tab, you should see a sub-tab called IPv6, click it --> Under the IPv6 Mode drop down box, select Link-Local Only --> Click Update.

That should fix your problem like the one I had. I have had a solid connection for almost 24 hours now. Hopefully, this will help you all out who have this problem. I will keep you updated if I see any errors on my end.

Cheerio
Searay

***UPDATE*** I have had a solid stable connection now for more than 1 month. The solution above was the definite fix. I hope others have fixed their problem!!!!

Ask a Question