Applications not working in 10.3.9

Reaction score
Using OS X 10.3.9 and having trouble installing and running applications.
Here are the 3 apps that just won't work:
ProTools 7.1 Upgrade installer (big problem) the .mpkg opens and all looks well until the installer appears in the icon tray, then nothing more.
Blender 2.43 Installed it fine, but try to open it in the icon tray and it bounces once but doesn't open.
Jahshaka (2.0 or 3.0, I forgot) - same symptom as Blender.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
What version of Pro Tools do you have installed currently? Which Pro Tools-compatible hardware is connected?

Not sure about the others...I have no experience with either.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...need some more info... Which Mac are you running with specs? Is it Pro Tools HD, Pro Tools LE, or Pro Tools M-Powered? Is the hardware a Digidesign 192 I/O and a SYNC I/O? If so, I assume you have PT HD and an HD PCI card as well? C

Reaction score
PowerMac G5 running an HD setup. The PCI card I cannot confirm because I didn't set this up, but I think it is so. All the hardware is Digidesign.

Reaction score
I re-downloaded and re-installed Blender. Now it mysteriously works, with the exception of some sculpt mode problems which don't occur in Windows. I will try the same for Jahshaka. As for ProTools, still no joy...but getting by with 6.7 for now.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Glad to hear some of it is working.

On the Pro Tools HD front:

Digidesign said:
System Software

* Pro Tools HD 7.2 is officially supported on Mac OS X 10.4.6, 10.4.7, and 10.4.8 for PowerPC-based Macs
* Pro Tools HD 7.1 is officially supported on Mac OS X 10.4.3, 10.4.4, 10.4.5, and 10.4.6
* Pro Tools HD 7 will not run on Mac OS X 10.3.9 (Panther) and earlier
That's the reason the installer will not run correctly. You'll have to upgrade to Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger to run PT 7 or higher.

Ask a Question