Appleworks problem

Reaction score
Hi
I'm a bit green when it comes to computers.
I've got an iBook G4 running OSX. It's been fine since June. Last night when printing an invoice the battery died. When I powered it up a "script" symbol had appeared next to the Airport symbol in the top right of the screen. When I tried to print again I couldn't open any of the files. The folder is still there and the files say that they're still there but nothing opens.
Any help gratefully received.
Mark.

Reaction score
Have you explored other functions of AppleWorks (AW)? Can you create new documents and save them? Can you then re-open those? How about opening some of the canned documents that come along with AW? Can you open any of those?

Could you also please list the version of OS X you are running?

Ric

Reaction score
Brinscall said:
Hi
I'm a bit green when it comes to computers.
I've got an iBook G4 running OSX. It's been fine since June. Last night when printing an invoice the battery died. When I powered it up a "script" symbol had appeared next to the Airport symbol in the top right of the screen. When I tried to print again I couldn't open any of the files. The folder is still there and the files say that they're still there but nothing opens.
Any help gratefully received.
Mark.

Hi there and welcome Brinscall !

The little script icon in the menubar is just a 'menulet' that allows you to access any AppleScripts that you have...no need to worry about it.

As for the print problem, I would probably try running Disk Utility and then run 'repair disk and repair permissions' to see if that helps...

regards

Ric

Ask a Question