AppleWorks in Leopard.

Reaction score
I just bought a new Mac Pro that has the newest Leopard OS. Right now, I have a G5, Version 10.4.11 and on it I have AppleWorks 6.2.9

I have used AppleWorks all my computer life, but I guess it is somewhat obsolete now. I have the original AppleWorks disc and was wondering if it will run on the Leopard OS? My biggest concern is the database with my address book, DVD/CD catalog, etc. I would hate to think how long it would take to retype everything in there.

I don't have my new computer for a couple of weeks, but I wanted to be prepared ahead of time. I do have a MacLINC plus program that if I save my database to Appleworks 4, it can translate to an earlier version of Word and stuff like that, but I would really like to continue using AppleWorks. If not, there must be someway to transfer it to a Mac program that runs with Leopard.

Any help would be appreciated...
Thanks...
Larry

Reaction score
I just bought a new Mac Pro that has the newest Leopard OS. Right now, I have a G5, Version 10.4.11 and on it I have AppleWorks 6.2.9

I have used AppleWorks all my computer life, but I guess it is somewhat obsolete now. I have the original AppleWorks disc and was wondering if it will run on the Leopard OS? My biggest concern is the database with my address book, DVD/CD catalog, etc. I would hate to think how long it would take to retype everything in there.

I don't have my new computer for a couple of weeks, but I wanted to be prepared ahead of time. I do have a MacLINC plus program that if I save my database to Appleworks 4, it can translate to an earlier version of Word and stuff like that, but I would really like to continue using AppleWorks. If not, there must be someway to transfer it to a Mac program that runs with Leopard.

Any help would be appreciated...
Thanks...
Larry

Hello, although I seldom use it and when I do it's not for anything major, AppleWorks 6.2.9 is running well on my Intel iMac running 10.5.3.

Reaction score
Thanks. I guess I was jumping the gun in worry. When I get my new computer with Leopard, I will just install my AppleWorks disc, although I think there is a further upgrade I made as a download to get it to 6.2.9 I may have that update somewhere on my computer.
But thanks...
Larrry

Reaction score
Thanks. I guess I was jumping the gun in worry. When I get my new computer with Leopard, I will just install my AppleWorks disc, although I think there is a further upgrade I made as a download to get it to 6.2.9 I may have that update somewhere on my computer.
But thanks...
Larrry

If not, you can update it by using this link. That's an app that I always wanted to figure out but never found the time. Perhaps someday. :)

Ask a Question