Appleworks I/O error

Reaction score
After a restart, a spreadsheet file won't open, giving an alert: I/O error - the I/O might be "one/zero". The backup of this file on an external hard disc is also bust. What does this mean, amd is there anything I can do?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Bob,

quit out of AppleWorks and then delete the Appleworks preference file, see if that works.

Move the AppleWorks preferences file to the trash, it can found in /Users/username/Library/Preferences/AppleWorks , also move the com.apple.appleworks.plistt found in ~/Library/Preferences/ to the Trash, then empty the Trash & restart AppleWorks.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Trashed all copies of the 2 files - still get I/O error. The other spreadsheet file I use several times daily & keep in the same folder works OK. Spotlight then found another copy of 'AppleWorks 6 Preferences' which I trashed, but can't at the moment delete as it's "still in use" even after I force quit Appleworks. I've restarted twice. Weird.

Ask a Question