SOLVED Apple TV Fried

Reaction score
My Apple TV4 fried (along with my Television, Blu Ray Player and Ethernet ports on my computer) in a power surge. I had an older Apple TV3 and went back to using that. But its time to upgrade again.

Is it more cost effective just to buy a new Apple TV4 or should I attempt to repair my fried Apple TV4? There's no warranty on the item.

Thxs.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Here is a price list for out of warranty Apple TV repairs: Apple TV Service and Repair. Apple TV 4K price is $149 (32 GB or 64 GB), which is basically a swap for a refurbished service unit. A new Apple TV 4K is $179 (32 GB) or $199 (64 GB).

There are rumors of a new Apple TV, so you may want to wait if you can get by with your Apple TV (3rd Generation).

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
Well, before you buy or do anything, you might want to focus on getting a power surge protector strip if you haven't already. If you access the Net via cable, surge protect that too. We lost a bunch of stuff once when our cable provider neglected to ground the cable box they installed here.

It's summer in Florida here, and we have storms most afternoons. I typically unplug my Mac and all my drives and monitors (and ethernet cable) before taking my ritual afternoon nap.

Ask a Question