Apple ID Request Popping Up Repeatedly in iTunes

Reaction score
I recently changed my AppleID password and had to go through some repetitive steps with my iMac, MacBook Pro and my iPhone.

Now when I launch iTunes on either Mac or iPhone, I get a pop up that says my iTunes session has expired and requests I input my AppleID password. I simply hit the escape key on my keyboard, and it goes away, only to return repeatedly every 10-20 minutes or so.

iTunes continues playing, however.

I've not made any iTunes Store purchases for a few weeks, the last of which was before I changed my password.

I don't have the faintest clue as to what is going on, but I'd like it to stop. It's annoying.

Anyone know what I can do?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

A known fix for this is to hit the Cancel button when it pops up, click Account > Sign Out... in the menu bar and sign out of the iTunes Store, then sign back in.

Let us know if that solves it,

C

Reaction score
Now that you mention it, let me convey another bit of information.

I took my old iMac and reformatted its 2TB HDD. Afterward, I configured it for my son, but also gave myself a User Account (Admin, of course) and copied my user folder onto it from a clone so I'd have yet one more remote backup. This included my iTunes library, videos, etc.

My son was delighted with the computer since it was much faster than his older Mac.

However, he noticed the very next morning that Siri was talking intermittently. He was amused at first, then gave me a call. Siri was popping up with my reminders, notices, etc. that I was getting at home on my iMac, MBP and iPhone. And since he uses that iMac as a hub for his entertainment system, Siri's voice comes through like the Almighty imparting advice to Moses since he's like me and enjoys his music loud. I can understand why her voice is not only startling, but can get annoying for him.

He lives right around the corner from me, no more than 500 feet away, and of course he has his own ISP account with the same carrier, those heinous purveyors of moral turpitude, AT&T. But he doesn't have an Apple ID and doesn't ever go to the App Store or the iTunes Store. (With more than 14,000 songs in his library, I can't imagine why he'd need one!)

Should I just go ahead and deauthorize his iMac altogether?

I'll follow your advice, sign out of everything here at home, and let you know how this works out.

Thanks a bunch.

Ask a Question