Apple ID.....can't get any password to work...why?

Reaction score
Stupid question of the day: I've just spent well over an hour trying to get into the App Store. I've always written down all my passwords in a Word file. When it asks for my Apple ID password, I type it in (iPhone). Then it says "not verified." So then I go into (multiple times!!!) "manage your Apple ID" on my desktop computer. I carefully change the password. I go back to my iPhone. Nope. "Not verified." I go back into "manage your Apple ID" on my desktop...in an infinite loop. It never accepts any password, even though I just changed it. [Secondary stupid question--after you type in your password on the iPhone there are two possible buttons to push: "download" and "return." I've tried both with the same result ("Not verified"), but are you supposed to push one or the other? And how would an average idiot like me know that? Telepathy?

Now to make things more interesting, if I go to my desktop computer and login to iTunes with the same password that DIDN'T work on the iPhone, it works! So the Apple ID password works on the desktop but not the iPhone. Anyone see the White Rabbit?

Last edited:
Reaction score
A day later....somehow I got it to work. Impossible to say how since I tried all sorts of things. All I know is I miss the "computer for the rest of us."

Ask a Question