Can't access Apple Online Store

Reaction score
Get the message that 'There was a problem communicating with the Apple online store' when I try and buy a book out of iPhoto. Started doing this in May, no problems before this. Apple support no help, say a port is being blocked but they don't know by what, want me to hose it and start all over.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Check in:

iPhoto menu ~> Preferences ~> Advanced ~> Print Products Store​

Make sure the Print Products Store isn't set to "none". If it is, try changing the setting to your country, then try ordering again.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
If it is a port problem, have you checked to see if you have a firewall turned on?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
-How are you connecting to the Internet - Ethernet or WiFi?
-What brand/model is your router?
-Who is your ISP?

C

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
If it's a port blocking issue, you are going to have to search for the app that is blocking ports on your mac.

Reaction score
A Genius at an Apple Store solved the problem. Seems I had a corrupt Certificate to the online Apple Store so he trashed it and then logged back in to the store and the problem was gone. Actually had a number of corrupt Certificates that we trashed.

Thanks for all of your help.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Thanks for coming back and telling us exactly what was causing your issue ... glad you got it sorted out ... silly Certificates, I recently had a Certificate issue with Firefox and MySpace Music regarding problems with Flash ... had to download a Certificate from the Internet to solve it!

Ask a Question