Can't access videos

Reaction score
No more videos on OS X version 10.6.8. "Blocked Plug-in" appears on blank screen. It tells me Adobe Flash Player is out of date, but when I download the update nothing changes. There is a caveat that maybe it won't update because of virus-fighting software. I know nothing of this-used computer. I'm not the administrator. Wot to do? Thanx. R.

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

This may be a silly question, but after you downloaded the Adobe Flash installer, did you mount the disk image and install it? Does it show the correct version in the Adobe Flash preference pane?

Safari: About Internet plug-in management
C
Thanks for the reply, Cory. Downloading the Adobe Flash Update seems to be a simple one-step process & there's nothing about mounting & installing a disc image or performance pane. After it appears to download (on the chart with past downloads & the blu lightbar) is there something else I need to do to final- activate the download? Also, sometimes Youtube videos don't have the "Blocked Plug-In" line but just a spiraling circle of dots that just continues to rotate forever. Thanx, again, R.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Yes, once it is downloaded, the installer disk image is in your Downloads folder...with Adobe Flash Install in the title. You need to double-click that file to mount the disk image on the Desktop, then double-click the installer on that disk and follow the instructions.

Here is a video of one way to install it:

Let us know of that helps,

C

Reaction score
Hey, Cory, sorry to take so long to get back to you. Out of town for a week, remodeling on house, & weirdness with Hotmail. Did the things you recommended & got to a standstill when it wanted administrator name & password. No gots (used machine). Anything I can do to get around this? Thanx. R.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

You really need to have an admin account to be able to install updates and new software. Can you contact the person your purchased the Mac from to get the admin password?

C

Ask a Question